From: Jeffrey Lowe <scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com>
To: scirocco-L <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject: Timing belt & gear pulley
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:12:43 -0800 (PST)

I had to have my timing belt replaced after it got
chewed up due to damaged teeth on the timing gear
pulley. Lucky for me the valves did not get damaged.
Now the engine has an odd noise and feel to it then
before the belt and pulley was replaced. Before it
felt a lot smoother and now it has a slight grindy
feel and sound. The compression tests OK, so could
this be from the belt and pulley being so new? It
drives fine otherwise, and seems to have plenty of
ass.

Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'86' Scirocco 16V