Re: no power before 3k rpm?

I had a similar sort of problem, mine turned out to be
the housing on the distributor was pinching a plug
wire, so it was sparking on the distributor instead of
at the plug.  It would run rough as anything until I
wound it up around 3K, then was fine.

If you haven't already check wires, plugs, cap &
rotor.

Mark

--- chris coracini <drone23@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> chris wrote:
> >
> > im having a problem with not having anypower
> before 3000 rpm, i thought it
> > was the cam timing that was retarded, but i
> replaced the belt and did
> > everything the bently said to for alinging
> everything right i also put it to
> > stock ignition timing.. but the car still cuts out
> until about 3000 then a
> > shit load of power hits and your head hits the
> head rest?
> > anybody have any ideas?
>
> yeah, sounds like you got a really hot cam in the
> engine along with the
> car.  you just got it right?  could be...
>
> chris
> 86 16V scirocco
>
> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To