Parking Brake

My parking brake does not want to cooperate. It will
not engage fully. I have brand new rotors, pads,
fluid, and brake cables. The only thing that has not
been replaced is the calipers, and they work fine
hydraulically. I adjusted them per Bentley and no
improvement. The cables fully actuate the spring
mechanism on top of the calipers, but this does not
seem to push the piston out enough to do any good.

Is there some trick to get these to engage? Or maybe a
little WD-40 in the right place? Or am I screwed and
need to shell out some more dough on brake calipers?

Jeff...