Re: SV: SV: SV: solid lifter 16v?

> > Actually, according to Bentley (page 3-23 in the engine section) there
>is a
> > graph which specifically states that the valves in a hydraulic head are
> > exactly 8.7mm and 7.7mm (intake and exhaust respectively) shorter than
>solid
>
>The difference between a too from the fabric excisting heads could be true,
>but the answer was how you rebuild a hydralic head too mechanical lifters.
>And you DO NOT change valves because of that.
>I may not be an native american but I think everyone else could understand
>that part.

This may in fact function but, given the smaller valve length, necessary
lift to make the head perform to its full potential would be impossible if
you use the hydraulic lifter valves. There is not enough lift generated by
the solid lifter cam to compensate for the 8mm difference to make it
function properly. Again this is all US spec.

>Roland Johansson, Swedish Viking
>Scirocco 1,8T -82
>Http://hem.passagen.se/toker
>
> > lifter heads. This is for JH, 2H engines. There might be a difference
>with
> > the engines in the country you live in. This data is US model specific.
>too do
> > >it
>second
> > >is
> > >lifter,
> > >shims > >too adjust valve clearance.
>circel
> > >on
>easiest
>bolt.
> > >

> > Chris DeLong
> > ICQ#45030867
> > Seattle, WA USA
> > '80 16V Rag
> > '80 Rocco (new!)
> > '65 Bus (ugly, but good for campin' W/toaster oven)
> > '82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
> > '80 'Vert
> > '61 17 Window
> > '78 Scirocco

Chris DeLong