How much do the teardrops weigh?

Rich Deede wrote:
> Hey MArk, What ever happened with refinishing your wheels? Who did you end
> up going to, to do it?
>
> Rich Deede
> University Of Delaware (Communications)
> 1988 Scirocco 2.0 16v
> 1987 Scirocco 16v - R.I.P.

Well Rich, I got them refinished by a local guy and they did a pretty good job.
A local outfit on Buisness Route 1 in Pendel PA refinished them for exactly
$500.00 for all four of them. They removed all of the great big dings and dents
and shined them up nice!

I picked them up a week and a half ago and immediately replaced the teardrops I
had on my Scirocco with the early GTi rims, and the bald Pirelli P600 tires with
brand new Pirelli HP tires, both on the same day. Man the car drives 100% better
now, what a difference!

See: http://getty.net/scirocco/ for more details.

I will be putting the 4 old teardrops up on eBay soon to get them out of my
apartment. Anyone who is interested in them and wants to make a deal before I
put them up on eBay, e-mail me now!

-Marc

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at http://getty.net/thing/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles service
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 176,700 miles in Philly PA since 7/2/99