How much do the teardrops weigh?

> Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:55:51 -0500
> From: "Gies, John" <JGies@skandia.com>
>
> does anyone know what the standard 14" teardrop wheels weigh (with or
> without the tires)?  I'd like to move to a 16" rim, but am trying to
> minimize any additional unsprung weight.
>
> thanks
>
> john
> jgies@skandia.com
> '88 16v Alpine White

I undertook an experement this morning:

Me on a bathroom scale: 204 lbs
Me + a teardrop rim without a tire on a bathroom scale: 223 lbs

You do the math and come to your own conclusions.

-Marc who is happy that the full time video editor at work quit on Friday,
because this finaly gives me a chance to digitize Scott's video.

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at http://getty.net/thing/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles service
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 176,700 miles in Philly PA since 7/2/99