Re: short shift

> > home brew short shift
>
> Is this one of those friend-with-a-welder jobs or something else? I'm "low
> on dough" and I'd still like to have a short shift kit. I'm happy with a
> homebrew one as long as its robust. How did you do yours?

it's easy as long as you have access to a workbench.  remove the arm
that is attached to the selector shaft on the tranny.  take out the
plastic bushing and hammer the end straight.  then drill a hole the same
size as the one the bushing was in right under it.  (this may take a
while...).  then bend the end back up straight right under the new
hole.  i went ahead and bent the hole closer still to the center by
bending the 45 degree angled part even more.  i've heard of people just
bending it without drilling a new hole.  that will work too, but i was
kinda scared of bending it THAT far.

then i got the shift linkage, found two pieces of very heavy metal and
duct taped them to the linkage.  on top of that i put three hose
clamps.  wieghted shift linkage!  both pieces have been on the car for
over two years with no problems whatsoever, and i _love_ the way my car
shifts.  this is a super mod to do and it's FREE!!

> > custom "scirocco 16V" floormats (thanks to a list member of yore...
> > can't remember the name though...sorry..)
>
> sweet... i think i've seen a picture of these at once point, do they have
> "scirocco 16v" embroidered in red on black carpet?

yes.

chris
86 16V scirocco