Valve question

Hello. I'm currently restoring an '82 with the 1.7L in it. I'm going to chuck the head that's on there (281,000 miles) and replace it with another I've got on my wrecked car (160,000 miles). I'm planning on sending the latter head to the machine shop to be reconditioned. My question is, if I were to swap the stock valves over to the 1.8 valves, would it really help anything? I know the smart thing to do would be to at least go with the 1.8L swap, but I'm not really going totally crazy on this. I just wanna maximize what I have. I figure that I should maximize the flow, both intake and exhaust. Any info or suggestions would be great.

-Ryan M