Re: clutch wire

NastyRican1021@aol.com wrote:

> the other day my clutch busted and im guessing its the wire. couse its loose
> and the pedel sinks to the floor. im about to repair it but does anyone have
> any helpful hints? thanks
>
> --

Get A BENTLEY.
Contact Potterman at <http://www.parts4vws.com> He can send you a
NEW clutch cable and even a Bentley repair manual.

- The manual adjusting type disconnect by running the slack
adjustment up into the cable to make a bunch of slack on the
cable.
- Remove the capture plate (s) on the bottom of the cable as it
attaches to the Trans arm. Note assembly order.
- Pull the cable out of the arm,
- Pull the other end free of the pedal in the car's interior.
- Fish replacement into firewall hole, connect to clutch pedal.
- Connect other end through trans arm, add capture plate(s).
- Adjust slack with nylon 'nut', not too tight. Check freeplay at
cable after pressing pedal a few times.
- Drive car around block and readjust freeplay.
- Drive car a few days and readjust freeplay.

- Recheck in a few hundred miles.

15 mm (5/8") before encountering working resistance.

hth,
TBerk