Paint colors for 1981 Scirocco S -was: MK1 S: should i trade.

Jason writes:
>All that i can tell you is that it IS a green color, but it was in a dark
>part of a garage.  It had all of the "S" specific stuff including the "S"
>badge.

Jason,
It probably is an 81 S model, and probably is slightly green. :)
Seems like many have commented on this subject, making it much more
complicated than it really is.
Here are the facts according to My 1981 Scirocco sales brochure, and the
fact that I have owned/own all three colors of Scirocco S available in 1981,
all with the original paint still on them. My friend David also has an 81S
with the original Cirrus Grey Metalic paint still on it.

Mars Red - Red with a slight orange hue to it
Cosmos Silver Metallic - Silver with a slight green hue to it.
Cirrus Grey Metallic - Charcoal with a slight green, yes green, hue to it.

The Cirrus looks like charcoal unless you look closer at the paint, then you
can see the green. If it is an 81 and it has S badges and a red VW grill
emblem I would say that it is probably an S. If it walks like a duck, and
quacks like a duck.............Hope this finially solves the paint delima.
8)
I'd still keep the Mketta GLI and wait for a better example, JMHO.

Randy B.
Cosmos Silver Metallic 81 Scirocco S
Mars Red 81 Scirocco S
Cirrus Gray Metallic 81 Scirocco S (My first love, umm....Scirocco)
You can itn at http://www.jswinsurance.com/scirocco1/s1c.html