Re: Seat Cables

>"I have to ask.. what exactly is a Nico press?"
>-Toby

The Nico press is a tool that smashes sleeves around
cables and it makes possible to put a splice or a loop at the end of the
cable.
If you look at most cables you will see fittings at the ends.
The fittings have to be pressed on. You need the tool to put the ends on.
They make different styles of this tool some look like a vice but the good
tool looks like a bolt cutter that has blunt knifes like the
crimp tool that you use to press on (faston) solderless connectors on to
electrical wire.
The Nico tool is 10 times bigger than a crimp tool and 100 times more
powerful.
If you get the stock VW seat cable it has the ends on the cable but
they break and the ends fall off. My custom cables never fail.

The tool presses the sleeves---->(o)<--- sleeve

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"