RE: Bitchy sunroof.

The sunroof on my 'Rocco, and on my Golf have both needed repair. The
'Rocco's was missing pieces and some were broken, from the PO's attempts at
repair,or neglect. In fact, it was taped closed when I bought it.

Anyhoo, it really is just a matter of taking it apart (Bentley very handy
here), looking at what pieces you have, and dealing with the problem. I
bought a used sunroof  and accompanying mechanism from one of the many
sources we have, and installed it with copious grease. It worked well for a
while, but has gotten a little bitchy again, although not as bad as before.
I can live with it the way it is.

If it leaks, it is not a matter of the seal, but of drainage. Make sure all
four corners have clear drain tubes. You may have to "snake" them, or look
for a kinked tube where it exits the body. My Golf had this problem on a
rear tube, and both front tubes were attached and drained water as tested
via garden hose with nozzle. But, they let water in near the hood release on
driver's side, same on other side. It just poured out like a fountain!. The
cure for this was to run a smaller tube through the originals for the full
length, and use some sealer goop in the SR well to make sure all water goes
through the "bypass". She's dry now.

Good Luck!

 R    ô¿õ
Antaki

 "- The world isn't fair, Calvin.
 - I know, but why it isn't ever unfair in my favor ?"
	- in "Calvin & Hobbes", by Bill Waterson