Sticking brakes

Just upgraded my solid 9.4  front disks to 9.4 vented Zimmerman with
Mintex pads.Didn't have the time to rebuilt the pass. side caliper
myself , so I let my trusted mechanic do it. After it was done, he told
me I should also do the other side. Ok .fine.
Now it stops great, but when I drive alot, they start to stick, heatup
and get dusty real fast. Both sides including the rebuilt side equally.
My mech says he he rebuilt it properly (sand blasted, greased etc).Are
there supposed to be those 2 angled grooves on the surface of the piston
(I have the newer Kelsey-Hayes 85 8v)?Could the hoses be clogged up so
that the piston doesn't return?Master cylinder?The brakes always feel
good...Any ideas?
John