Re: Flywheel eats Sachs Clutch?

In a message dated 6/27/00 11:56:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
DavidG1952@aol.com writes:

<< If so, I suspect the idiots who balanced my engine and flywheel, and who
also resurfaced it- botched the job! >>

Sounds like the surface finish might not have been correct.  If it was too
rough, that would eat the disk in no-time.  Did the shop know how to
resurface a VW flywheel?  I believe you must machine down the pressure plate
mounting surface when you touch the friction surface.  You must keep the two
surfaces at a specific height in order for the clutch to operated correctly.
HTH.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner