Re: smog.....check (long)

Ian Overholt wrote:

> Hmmmm...I guess it depends on how thorough the smog check guy is.  I have
> yet to find an idiot (in the best sense) checker guy.  Usually the smog guys
> in SoCal are nazis.  They really nit-pick everything.  One guy jacked up my
> 16v because he had to actually see with his eyes that there was an oxygen
> sensor.

Shite dude, that's ugly..

My car will need to be smogged when I renew this year, before September.  It
should pass okay anyways, but I have NO desire to deal with a "nazi" like
the one you described.  I have a plan - 5 minutes after I arrive, I'm gonna
have somebody call me on my cellphone, which I will have in hand.  If the
guy is NOT sending out nazi vibes, I'll say hi/howdy and end the call.  If
the guy's bad news, I'm going to go into a frenzy, freaking out over a
serious emergency I'm being called about, hang up and frantically leave
for the hospital!  And leave the guy standing there with his dick in his
hand.. then go find another shop and start all over again...  :0

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0