joining the 16v crowd, and hissing sound

Last week I wrote about tranny problems on my '85 when
this 1987 16v scirocco suddenly appears as if by
magic. At first I didn't like it. Lots of problems,
but they were all little ones. The transmission was
rebuilt 2000 miles ago, and the clutch was replaced
then as well. The body was in good shape, but rough as
far as scratches and such. I made my offer and the guy
took it. The one thing I just noticed is when I shut
the car down, there comes this hissing noise from the
climate control area. Also I just noted the levers are
missing from the climate control panel. I figure the
levers would be easy to replace, as for the hiss I'm
not all that sure. Anybody ever had this before?

Jorel Jackson
'85 Scirocco
'87 16v scirocco