new mounts in, plus a turbo rocco

After suffering through 3 breakdowns in the last week caused by my inner cv
joint 'falling out', I dropped by Shine this morning and had them go to
town.  Replaced were the three motor mounts (f/r/pass) gotten from
Potterman, the drive shaft thingamabob was
removed/cleaner/reinstalled/torqued and an exhaust clamp was replaced,
keeping my downpipe from rattling on the swaybar.  The car feels 100% better
now!  For some reason (maybe an intermittent vacuum leak caused by the
rocking motor), my cold idle is no longer bouncy and I can launch smoothly
when the motor is cold.  All 3 old mounts were trashed pretty well.
I also spent the better part of the morning drooling over an Mk1 Scirocco
with a 1.8T K04 upgraded motor, wilwood/G60 brakes, fresh silver paint, new
rear axle beam, coilovers, SRS rear bar, etc etc.  What a sweet looking
ride!  The swap was done in Worcester (not by Shine), and looked pretty
clean.  Some of the stuff was hacked, like the suspension, and the car had a
bent rear axle when it was dropped off.  All in all, it looked like it would
be a *screaming* ride, if the power could get to the ground that is.  The
car was gorgeous though, no doubt about that.  It's at Shine if anyone local
wants to drool I mean look at it ;-)

Ryan

86 16V
92 Corrado SLC