Re: Idle rough while engine is cold

In a message dated 6/27/00 8:48:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com writes:

<< My idle has been getting rough the past couple of days
 at start-up and while engine is still cold. I know
 there are probably a few dozen things that could be
 going wrong, but what should be some of my first
 things to look at?  >>

I think you should remove the Idle air stabilizer valve and give it a good
cleaning with carb cleaner and clean the electrical connections too. This is
usually the cause of bouncy Idle.  Another thing you should check is all
vacuum lines on the car.  Any vacuum leaks can cause a poor idle too. I would
start with that.  later

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html