Re: Tranny Q's

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:24:43 EDT "Jason Arms" <redbug64@hotmail.com>
writes:
>The  shit that  i pulled out was pretty black and burnt smelling.

When it's new the shit's pretty rancid.

> Is there some trick to drain the tranny fluid?  I tipped the car up
> on the
> side when i drained it.

You should have the car level and use the drain hole at the bottom of the
diff.

> Is there some aux fill hole at the top of  the  tranny?

Some people will tell you to use the speedo cable hole (11mm head nut)
and that's fine BUT, remove the real filler plug so you don't over fill
the transmission. That is as bad a running low fluid.

> Question 2:  I was told that the transfer pump inside the gas tank
> that
> seems to be causing my fuel pump to wine and the car to spit and
> sputter at
> full throtle, is a vw recall.

A leaking tank is the only recall that VW still services to the best of
my knowledge. Replace that transfer pump before you kill the main pump.
(transfer pump=$ main pump=$$$

Eric
Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!