Tranny Q's

List,

Question 1:  Ok, a few days ago i swapped a self adjust clutch cable for a
manual one cause my car would not shift.  It worked for about 1 drive, then
started getting sticky again.  I drained the tranny fluid, and refiled it.
Bently says 2.1quarts.  I was only able to get about 1.5 of castrol 80/90 in
before it started leaking out of the fill hole at the bottom.  The shit that
i pulled out was pretty black and burnt smelling.  I capped it off, and it
seemed to shift ok.  ON my way to work this morning, i found that it wasn't
shifting as well as i had hoped.  If i reved the engine, it would pop into
geer no probs, but if i didn't, sometimes it wouldn't go in???  As i got
closer to work, it started working better and better.  When i finally got to
work it was working fine.  It seems like it needs to warm up or
sometning????  I don't know if its gonna do it again on my way home or not.
Is there some trick to drain the tranny fluid?  I tipped the car up on the
side when i drained it.  Is there some aux fill hole at the top of the
tranny?  Anyone experienced this before?

Question 2:  I was told that the transfer pump inside the gas tank that
seems to be causing my fuel pump to wine and the car to spit and sputter at
full throtle, is a vw recall.  So how do i go about getting it replaced for
free???  Especially when my stealership won't take any "NEW" customers for
these "OLDER" cars! ;)

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)