Re: Euro Light fixin's

>but waht is the
> best bulbs to use in the lights?

If you want, I can insert PHILIPS allweather bulbs in your lights,
They have a high UV output and have a bright cold white light.
you can see them in action on my Scirocco:
http://www.scirocco2.de/new_2.jpg
They're similar to the NARVA XB3 that I have in my other scirocco.

>How exactly are they supposed to be wired
> up, are the inners just driving lights that go off when you turn high
beems
> on?  Thanks.

no, the inner beams are high-beams, not driving lights.
They're wired parallel to the high-beam filament that is in the main beam.
The inner beams should only be used as high beams ,
some earlier version had them as foglights.( your setup is with highbeams )

Then each  main beam has two little sockets with low wattage bulbs in
addition,
these are "Parking-Lights" here in Germany, they illuminate the car when
parked in a
darker area of the road.
As this intention may be not as useful in the USA as it is here,
you can wire them in parallel to your driving lights.

HTH
Greetings
Dirk