Re: GTI vs Rocco Parts.

drew wrote:

> However, the 2H, 4K and 7A boxes ALL use a 3.94 final drive.

This is NOT true. 4K uses a 3.89:1 ring and pinion and the 2H is 3.94:1. I own and
rally on 4K and 2H. They're different. Another

> As I understand it, the primary difference between the 2H and 4K
> boxes is that the transmission case on the later boxes is compatible with
> the A2 trasnmission case - ie. you can bolt up an A2 rear mount.  In
> addition, the 2H has a slightly shorter fifth gear, .91 vs .89 in the 4K.

-quite true. A factor to consider also is that the 2H boxes will not accept the
Velocity-type kits that shim the factory minislip differentials. Oh well, I guess
you'd better by the Quaife!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut