Re: engine blow contest - was : Re: All this "done with VW's" crap

I am with Dirk on this. I hate to break a perfectly good toy.
If you were going to do it in the name of science, do some testing,
then it would be worth it.

As for the 1.7 POS motor,
Put a new head on it and it will pull.
I have been driving mine as hard as possible and it just will not
die. BTW mine is a "YP" and I think it is out of a 1975 Euro Passat.
The 1.7 is a great motor if you don't care about HP.
If you can find a Golf convertible with a JH motor you can have some fun.
I say take the JH out of a convertible and put your 1.7 in the
convertible.

***Warning this next statement is not politically correct
and contains content that is not suited for some viewers.
Male supervision is advised***

This way you can sell the convertible to a 16 year
old high school girl. Tell her that the motor was changed!
She will love the car because she can
take the top off and wave to all her friends. Usually 16 year old
girls don't care what is under the hood. : )
You know, all show and no go. The 1.7 motor is a good
motor for a first time driver. If the motor gets damaged do to
lack of oil you can just get another one.

***Not all girls fit this category, Your girl may not****

DT