Re: Radio install... alternator q?

I got a question for you all....

I just picked up a 4ch 800w amp to power the other 4
speakers in my system.  I already have a 200W amp
wired for the subs.

Is there any special steps or wiring I should do?

I was thinking a 4ga wire from the battery, then one
of those splitters to power the amps separately, and a
spliced remote from the radio......  Would it be OK to
run 2 separate amp wires from the Battery?

What the heck do those lightning caps do, anyways?

Also - more rocco related... When do I need to think
about putting the 90a alternator in my rocco.  I have
the stock 65a in right now, and seem to have no
problems.  Would all this extra stereo equipment cause
too much drain on the current alt?  The only power
option I have right now is mirrors.  Manual
wind/steerin/brakes.  I am also thinking about putting
the Audi power sunroof in...

Anyways, thanks  - all advice is always appreciated.
Mark

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com> wrote:
> >    How much 'fun' is it to run new speaker wires ?
>  I already have to
>
>   not that difficult. it's just a matter of taking
> the time to do it.
> you'll have to run the wires underneath the carpet,
> though. now would be
> a good time to think of custom wiring your car for
> an amp and sub's, if
> you'd like. elsewise, if you jut follow the original
> wiring back you can
> do it no problem. if the original wiring IS in the
> car (for the radio)
> and you want to put in a factory radio, go to the
> junkyard and grab the
> wiring harness out of a dead vw (one brown and one
> black connector; i
> believe the red connector is for later model radios)
> and it should wire
> in, no schematic necessary. then proceed to put all
> the bad wiring
> together, tie one end to the old radio, the other to
> the bumper, and
> drag the 'special' until it's no more :)
>
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
> < o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com
>   \ /
>    °
>
> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

=====
Mark
If you're not paranoid, you're not paying attention.

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/