Re: Fuel tank draining

    the absolute best and quickest way to empty your tank is to

1. get the battery out of the engine bay
2. disconnect the incoming fuel line in the engine bay just before the fuel
filter (watch out for the spray, teh system is pressurized)
3. get yourself the largest container that'll fit in the space left by the
battery's removal
3a. even better, get a big container(s) outside of the car, and run a hose
that is a larger diameter than the fuel line, but smaller than the hole in
the container that you're filling
4. take that battery that just got booted from the engine bay and rest it
near the pump, and plug in your pump
5. either run back and forth between the battery and the container to see
how much has been filled, or get someone else to watch it for you.
6. this will empty the tank FAST.  i think that the pump pushes out
something like 80PSI, so you can imagine how it moves the fuel

    on the side of safety, remember to disconnect the power source from the
battery and not the pump.  this way, if you do make sparks, they'll be far
enuff away from ignitable sources that you'll not make any mushroom
clouds....

    best of luck to ya!

jason
the mad bastard