BRAAAAKES!!!!

Hey all,
Got the 78 running(for a couple of weeks now) and I'm
in the middle of re-building the suspension.  The
thing that worries me the most are the brakes.  One of
the PO's had the brake lines re-done.  Apparantly
whomever did it didn't like the lines going through
the passenger compartment.  Both rears now go under
the car(rt side grouped with the fuel lines, left sid
elaid next to the body weld).  Hard lines all the way
back to the rear drums (YIKES).  Has anyone had to
deal with this on their rocs?  Better yet, has anyone
tried replacing their lines through the pass.
compartment?  I've had experence laying lines(first
one was a 75 pinto with more rust than brake fluid)
but they have all been under the car.  I know it'll
take a while to get them back to factory specs, but
I'm up for suggestions on making this little endevor a
bit easier...

Thanks in advance....
George-
78 rocco