'80 in my future?

  while going around for parts for my friend's dakota, i've been
gathering parts for my '85 and '86 that i might someday need. to my
surprise i ran across a place that had a scirocco. didn't know the year
but said i could go look at it. when i get there, i found a complete '80
mki. it had a couple of holes (dime sized) in a couple of places, but
the engine bay and strut towers all looked good. apparently it also has
a header instead of a manifold (i didn't look). sunroof looked like
aftermarket glass, but otherwise the interior was excellent, woodgrain
interior and am/fm push button radio and all. only problem i found,
though, was that the rocker panels will have to be replaced. they're
completely shot. i also wasn't able to climb under the car. is there
anywhere else i should look for rust problems or other things i should
look for. apparently the car runs and has only been sitting there for a
couple of months. they've got the title and all. i told 'em i'd be happy
if i could get it for $150 and the guy said he'd let it go for that.
now, if i can just find room at home i'll be set. any problem info would
be helpful. thanx.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com