Re: offset washer?????

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:31:31 -0400 (EDT) "doug c."
<scirocco16v@europe.com> writes:
> ok list, i was taking off my struts today, and as i was taking both
> sides off the car an offset washer fell to the ground...this
> happended on both sides, and i didn't happen to notice where they
> came from...i got the new struts set up (bilstien + H&Rs) and i need
> to know where these washers go...i'm thinking they go on the upper
> strut bolt responsible for camber adjustment, but i remember two
> washers coming off this bolt...so if they don't go on the camber
> bolt, then where?  anyone know? TIA
>
> -doug

Yeah, the offset washer goes on the top bolt...

If you notice the top bolt has a eccentric washer that's part of the
bolt,
then on the nut side, it takes an eccentric washer and a regular washer.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V