Re: Done with VW's, I've had it.

scirocco86@home.com wrote:

> Thanks for the help while you all were here, but I'm done with
> these cars.

So what are you going to move on to? Isuzu, Porsche, Chevy -Schwinn?

> ...thank those that were there for help and guidance as I learned my lesson
> about these cars.

The lesson that you've learned is probably that you can't polish a turd. Start out with a turd, throw
some money at it, and what are you left with in the end? Its still a turd. I drove your 16v, though,
and it seemed fine to me. What could possibly have gone so bad that you couldn't just replace the
part? Any car is prone to failure at some point or another.

> Unfortunately I've put far too much into this to get a return out of it, so I'm stuck
> dumping more into it to keep it running and from poisoning me.

So, cut your losses and move on to a more suitable project. Obviously there is something to this VW
thing in general or so many of us wouldn't be hooked on them. Yeah, I admit that our enthusiasm goes
way beyond the practical sometimes but that is half the fun. I just suspect that you're starting off
with a half-baked car and trying to make real out of it. Categorically deriding VWs isn't really an
effective way to address your situation imho...

What are you going to buy a reliable appliance-like sedan with 50k mile tires, numb steering, and an
automatic transmission? Come on, man. What's the dil?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!