Re: gas prices in Chicago - WTF's up with that??

Hi Lauri!

I have to say more ugly numbers from Hungary.
1 liter gasoline is around 0.9 $ (+/- 0.02$), it means (1 gal US equals
3.785412 L) 3.5 $/gal
So the fuel prices are not so much higher but we are 3+ (with my wife,
Kriszti, and my son, Adam, next child is coming this summer) and my salary
is 400 $. (The others are the same: the average salay in Hungary is around
280 $, we are living our own)
So next time you have to meet us in RoadStar ;-)

bye
Macsek

>Yeah, in Estonia 1 liter of gasoline cost 3EEK (0.19$)
>three years ago and I considered this as too much,
>because 7 years ago it cost ten times less. 0.30EEK (0.02$)
>but now it costs 11EEK (0,80$). So it costs me around 35$
>to fill up my tank. So you guys are lucky. Coz my salary
>is only 500$ a month. And I also have to pay rent and
>phonebills etc. coz I'm living on my own now. Could you
>imagine spenting 1/4 of your salary to gasoline just to
>go to work and back and take money from extra savings
>when you want to go to a longer trip something like 600
>km (this is the longest you can have in Estonia).
>
>Lauri complainig again!
>
>BTW! 500$ is a good salary in Estonia average is around
>280$

-- -
                  ,.     ,.
                 {^ \-"-/ ^}