Re: Site update (more photos)

"Casey Webster" <tinfool@home.com> writes:
> I think offset is a HUGE factor.  My 195/50/15s rub big time.
> tommorrow I will be rolling the fenders to stop this problem and avoid
any more
> damage I can do to the tires.
D'oH! Well at least it's not a Mk.1. 8^)

> BTW my wheels are offset ET24.  I think stock is ET38.....so that's
> 14mm difference there, plus the wider tire ads 5mm, so that would be
19mm
> further out on each wheel
>
> Casey
> 84 Roc
ET38 is for 14 x 6" wheels.

Are your wheels 15 x 7"? If they are, the offset should be ET28.

ET24 is not enough of an offset for a Scirocco.
Instead of rolling the fenders, I'd sell the wheels and get the right
offset.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, BBS GTI 15 x 6.5" ET33
'83 GTI, MSW 15 x 6.5" ET33
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V