Re: gas tank recall

> replaced.  The guy at the dealer said that the issue was closed and
> they wouldn't replace the tank.
>
> Am I screwed, or was the guy talking garbage?

  partly yes, and partly no. i did some research on this a while back.
manufacturers are only required to perform a recall for (i believe) 5
years after the date of the issue. most manufacturers, however, will
voluntarily extend the recall for a total of ten years, though they
might charge extra fees here and there (after the initial five years).
it might also help to remind the guy that the dealership doesn't pay for
the recall, the manufacturer does. as it is, my transfer pump recall
happened in '89, i think, and i got it done last year at no cost. it may
pay to check around with other dealerships as well.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com