Re: gas prices in Chicago - WTF's up with that??

I live in suburban Chicago and the prices are
absolutely horrendous right now!  I just paid $2.18
for midgrade a couple of days ago and prices have gone
up since then.  The news says that it is supposed to
get up to $2.50 by mid-summer. Word of  warning for
those of you coming in for Treffen; fill up before
coming into the state or be prepared to pay an arm and
a leg for the good stuff.
There's talk of legislation to lower the gas prices,
but that won't help my pocketbook (or anyone elses for
that matter) in the short term.