gas prices in Chicago - WTF's up with that??

I'm watching a story on ABC News right now about gas prices in the midwest.
They showed a station in Chicago that was over $2.20 for REGULAR.  I was
in Chicago weekend before last and saw gas for just over $2.00.  What's
going on??  Out here (LA) regular is about $1.55 or thereabouts, premium
about $1.75.  A year ago, the shoe was on the other foot - we were getting
gouged and the rest of the country was considerably cheaper.

Is this some serious BS, or what??  We're still damn lucky compared to
europe and many other parts of the world, but there's some shady crap going
on here right now!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0