Re: gas tank recall

AFAIK, VW will replace the tank if it leaks at any time.  Even if it was
tested years ago and found not to leak.  Every time this thread comes up it
pains me because the '86 wasn't included in the recall and when mine leaked
it cost me a bunch to replace it.  If your dealer won't do come up to NY
cause mine will.

- Jan Folkson   www.janfolkson.com

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T
'00 Beetle GLX 1.8T

"Try to realize the truth...There is no spoon"