Re: Brake question

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:46:00 -0400 Eric L Ellis <elf16v@juno.com> writes:
> Are we talking about the hub or the spindle? The hub merely fits into
> the bearing and the bearing rides in the spindle...or so I thought. I
> could understand "hub assembly: possibly.
>
> Eric
> Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!

I think Owen is talking about the wheel bearing housing, hub carrier, or
"spindle",
which are all basically the same thing.

The thing is that the G60 is an A2 and the Scirocco is an A1.

On an A2 Golf or Jetta, it is a direct swap, but on an A1, you need a
special bracket.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V