Re: Autoloc...was: door handles

>From: Larry Adres <vwnut@yahoo.com>

>Eric L Ellis <elf16v@juno.com> wrote:

> >A few years ago I would have recommended Autoloc
>(sp?). They are
> >advertised in European Car...just look in the index.
> >BUT, after
> >installing two of their remote keyless entry
> >systems...and both
> >failing,

>I second the opinion on Autoloc systems.  I installed
>a remote keyless entry system and remote trunk
>solenoid and they both failed. They gouge you on
>shipping

I feel I should chime in. While I agree on the shipping issues, and
excessively priced relays and sockets, I have to say that my system works
great. It has never given me any problems and it was actually very simple to
hook up. The instructions were clear and the wiring harness was obvious to
connect. I got their CA2000 system. Came with the ST 8500 alarm system. They
integrated perfectly.

Just another opinion.

That said, I just picked up another system by a different maker, on eBay,
for a fraction of the cost. We'll see how it stacks up.

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8
For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com