Re: Adjustable cam gear?

On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:51:44 -0500 Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com>
writes:
>Anybody running an adjustable cam gear on their 1.8 8v?  I'm getting my
>rocco back from the shop soon and I was wondering what a cam gear
>would do for me.  I do have an Autotech 268 cam......

Ayup. I set it for low end torque and there is a definate difference in
my Jetta. (not legal in my Scirocco...) Especially since the tranny in it
is a 4K and the 5th gear has been swapped from a(stock) .89 to a .71. The
cam is a Neuspeed 268 BTW.
REALLY tall gearing in 5th gear and it just pulls now. Running around
town is more fun too. Lots more low end grunt.

I had innitially set it up for top end power but the low end suffered too
much loss to make the higher powered revs worth it. Low end is where its
at.
YMMV.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!