Re: 1.8 to 2.0 conversion

In a message dated 6/4/00 10:56:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco@powerlink.net writes:

<<   I
 >was thinking of just getting a short block with all of the pistons, etc
 >already in it and then slapping my newly rebuilt 1.8 16V head on top of
 >it, then dropping it into the car.

 That's not a bad idea.  If you are going to get used shortblock I would
 recommend you replace all the seals, seeing as how it's already out of the
 car.  New motor mounts are always a good idea; once again because it's all
 out of the car. >>

can you tell me how much this might cost for a decent block with maybee
40,000 miles on it?