Re: exhaust downpipe/header question

I wouldn't suggest doing the header from a durability
standpoint.  Performance on the stock exhaust manifold
is pretty good.  TT makes a good replacement downpipe
that does not use a standard flex joint.  I've had
good luck with it.  Otherwise, I'd look for a used
stock one to keep costs down.

-'Chung