oil light problem

hello everyone. i am new to the list so allow me to introduce myself. my
name is ed and i have an 88 scirocco 16v, a 53 chevy and a 70 olds 442. the
scirocco is my first vee-dub and so far i have had nothing but problems with
it.. so here goes:

the oil light occasionally comes on. it usually just buzzes for a second or
two and then goes away, but once it stayed on until i shut the car off.
since the light first came on, i've been keeping a close eye on the oil and
it hasn't lost any. any ideas? i bought a cheapie mechanical oil pressure
gauge that i am going to hook up this weekend. where do i run the oil feed
line from?