Rebuilding the 2.0

I have a an opportunity to purchase a 2.0, the walls are scored, so it will
need oversized pistons (1rst.). I was on Autotech's site, and OH MY GOD! the
prices were ridiculousley out of my range. What should I expect to pay for a
complete rebuild (parts only), and what would be the best combo. On their
site they boast about their 1.8 rebuilding kit, "a whopping 170 HP" is this
for real ??? I also checked out some turbo units that boast 240 HP.... I
think I will need to lift weights and strengthen my kneck. What is the
average HP you 2.0 listers are pushing (turbo and non-turbo)....

Thanks,
jason87vw@nac.net
87 Stoc Roc (dead as a door nail)