Re: A2 manifold?

>I was told that the A2 intake manifold/throttle body is better that the
>one that sits on my 1.8l engine.  I would like to know if it is
>difficult to mate the A2 intake manifold and throttle body to my car,
>and what benefits would i get from this project.

A2 manifold has the TB on the other side from the MKI golf/scirocco. The
fuel meter sits on the left hand side ( looking from front ) of the engine
bay. The throttle body will bolt on to your existing intake but you wouldn't
get the full benefit of the larger throttle unless you get the intake
matched to the larger TB.
Also, not all A2 TBs are bigger, but I can't remember what year they
changed. Youd have to check the donor car against your own.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8