Re: handling improvements

At 07:23 PM 6/6/00 -0700, you wrote:
>gnz12345@oh.verio.com wrote:
>
>> Whats the best way to get my baby handling better, 87 Scirocco 16V..... its
>> got a lot of miles on it (160,000) so i was thinking maybe upper strut
>> braces would help stiffen things up... other then taht i am open for
>> suggestions, rims, lowering springs etc....
>
>Well gnz12345 (??), may I humbly suggest my setup - Bilstein Sports + H&R
>Sport springs, Neuspeed upper tie bar, and Neuspeed swaybars.  The latter two
>are optional, but a great upgrade if you can handle the extra coin.

I've got the same springs and struts, and tie bar, but not the swaybars. I
have to agree with Kevin, this setup really works well. If you can't do it
all at once, I'd say go with the upper tie bar first to increase the
rigidity of the front end. It seemed to make the turnin a little better all
by itself, and is something I'd do either before or at the same time as
doing any other suspension enhancement. BTW, I got my springs and struts
through Potterman(as did Kevin I think), and he can get you a good deal on
all this stuff.

Brad