H&R Coilovers vs Bilstein Sports/HR springs

I need opinions on suspension.  I was planning on putting Bilstein Sports
with H&R springs in my Mk1 Rocco. However, I may sway away from this.  It
has be explained to me that H&R coilovers are the ultimate thing in handling
and will make the car feel faster. I know it's not gonna give the motor more
ponies but it will assist the car in maintaining its integrity. Now the
question lies before me. Do I do the coilovers or stick with Bilstein sports
and H&R springs? Does H&R make race springs for Mk1's? The Potter's informed
me that H&R race springs for Mk1's do not exist and that they will be made
shortly.

This is what I wanna know  and need to know.....How do the coilovers feel on
street conditions? Are they rough or manageable?  Are they worth the money?
(BTW, I look at the additional money as an investment. Afterall, law school
will run me $30,000 after 3 yrs so what's a coupla thousands on a rocco.)
Is there someone who lives near Toronto running coilovers who will let me
'test drive' the coilover setup? What does the coilover setup include? ie
will I still need the upper strut bearings and the strut housing?

And finally, is there something else I need to be informed of prior to
making such an expensive decision? TIA

Sal Guzzo
81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
81 Scirocco (motorless and directionless)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg