Re: Wheel bearing from a Golf???

>From: Eric L Ellis <elf16v@juno.com>

>You mean to tell me that not one of you folks knows about this?

Well, since no one answered, I'll give it a shot. Keep in mind that I didn't
reply the first time 'cause I'm not 100% sure.

The Golf (A2) bearings are a larger diameter. As you suggested, they won't
fit in the Scirocco "knuckle."

You wanted to know if you could put the knuckle from an A2 into an A1. I
don't think so. They are not identical. The A2 has integral brake carriers
(I think) and I'm not sure if everything else bolts up. You would probably
be able to use the A2 brakes along with it, and then it might work. Try to
bolt it up in the junkyard and see what you get.

Not really sure, if you try it. Let us know what you find out. Plenty of
racers would like the bigger bearings.

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8