Re: synthetic oil / Cincy!!!

brian wrote:
<<> I am considering switching to synthetic oil for my Scirocco and 944.
> Most people say the switch is definately worth it>>

Definitely worth it.  I put Mobil-1 15W50 in my 16V at 180kmiles and I have
no new leaks and the one I have has not been worse yet.  I have 190k on it
now.  Most of the seals have beeen replaced in the last 5 or 6 years with the
oil pan & valve cover gasket being the newest at a year old.  The benefit I
saw was that my hydraulic lifters are now SILENT in comparison to when I had
179k miles.  I am also running about 5-7 degrees celcius cooler on the
highway.  HTH

PS... CINCY RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!  .............and if you haven't met Josh Able
yet, beware!.  He farts a lot but sure does have a good looking car.  Later!

\X/ Dan May - Greensboro NC
8716VScirocco
'79Scirocco - Mk1 Window Rubber WANTED. Contact me with anything. Thanks!!!
95Pathfinder(FOR SALE 59k, blue, 4x2, mechanically perfect, NEW
tires/brakes/AC)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith