Re: Clutch Saga Continues...

--- Matt Willey <mwilley@logical123.net> wrote:
>     Well, just one more time on this silly thing I hope.  Just a quick
> recap...  Car was going along nicely, and then boom pedal to floor and
> car stuck in gear.  I crashboxed it home and went to work.  Thanks to
> everyone
> for their help on this project.  I took the release bearing out and
> everything looked good there, then checked the rod per the list
> suggesstion.
> Now, just for kicks, I reversed the release bearing and put it back in.
> This way the rod did not go into the bearing at all and thus pushed it
> out about an extra half an inch.  Started her up and it clutched
somewhat.
> I could put it into gear and it worked.  Unfortunetly, I can not adjust
> out the cable enough to make up for the distance.  So, I assume
something
> must have just bent inside.  Tomorrow I suppose I will start the drop
the
> tranny project.  Anyway, thanks for everyones help.  If anyone has any
other suggestions I am open...

Hmmm...there is only one way that the release bearing can go in
and function properly.  There is a rounded groove where the end of
the pushrod goes.  This groove must face the end of the pushrod.

I would say that you are going to need to drop the tranny...
Could be the release plate on the pressure plate.  Possible this
plate became deformed somehow?  Could also be a bad pressure
plate.  If the pushrod is still the correct length these are
the only other possibilities.

After you drop the tranny, let us know what you find!

=====