Waterfest 2000 - Judges Wanted

Hello All,

GET PAID TO GO TO WATERFEST..... BE A JUDGE!

On Sunday, July 30, 2000, Waterfest will be held at Montclair State College
in Montclair, New Jersey. This is the East Coast's premiere watercooled VW
show. 5000 people attended last year's show and it gets bigger and better
every year. I am looking for people to judge the show cars. You need to
exercise reasonable and dispassionate judgement about the quality of various
types of VW's and Audi's, both stock and modified. The judging criteria will
be clear and must be applied fairly. Judging will keep you busy, and you need
to do it quickly; but you should have time left after your assignment to
enjoy the show. You do not need to be an expert on every widget and
fütterbümp on a Volkswagen; you do not even need to own a Volkswagen! You
just need an appreciation of fine cars and the work necessary to build and
maintain one in competitive condition. Your reward? You'll get a tee shirt;
cash, free admission; getting to wake up extra early so you can be at the
site no later than 7:00 AM; the nervous smiles on the faces of those whom own
the cars you are judging; and getting to know a lot of very exciting cars up
close and personal.

If you are accepted and come on Sunday (see below) you will be rewarded with
$25. If you can also show up for one of the Saturday 'judge's briefing
sessions' we will double that to $50. The Saturday briefings will be at 11:00
AM and 2:00 PM. In addition you will get a special Judges' T-shirt and a
voucher for lunch on Sunday.

Reasons for acceptance are:

I love cars and can appreciate the efforts of their owners in the preparation
and presentation of their cars;

Sounds like fun;

I like to stick my nose into other peoples engine compartments to smell the
brand of oil they are using.

Reasons for non-acceptance:

I know what both a widget and a fütterbümp are;

I want the tee shirt.

This is serious stuff. Over 240 cars, in about 15 classes and 2 categories
(stock and modified), need to be evaluated on a consistent and evenhanded
basis. A core group of experienced judges will guide the process. You should
arrive at the site by 7:00 AM, at which time a briefing and orientation
meeting will be held, getting the cars parked starts at 8:00 AM, and judging
starts when the cars are parked but no later than 9:30 AM. You will get an
assignment to judge a certain class(es). You will be teamed with another
person and be responsible to complete your assignment as soon as possible.
The close of judging will be at 1:00 PM. You will then be needed to help
tabulate and organize the results. Meet these goals and the rewards are yours.

Judges may not enter a car into the show or autocross. You will be too busy.
We will have a special area to display judges' cars, if you care to show it
off.

If you believe you are qualified please e-mail me at zascar42@aol.com with a
brief description of why you want to be a judge and any other relevant facts
you feel will show your qualifications. Please include your name, address,
and day and night phone numbers. If you don't have access to e-mail please
call 914-352-1138 and give them the information. You will receive a response.

If you would like more information on Waterfest, go to
http://www.rapidparts.com/

Thanks,

Dave Zaslow
Waterfest Chief of Judging