Re: 16V Lower Sway Bar

Sal,
This is the bar I used on both of my Mk1's. One came from the wrecker and
the other was a Techtonics Tuning reproduction of the 16V one.
You will have to drill two holes in the chassis to mount it.
How I did it was:
1. Mounted the front section with the two control arm bolts.
2. Used a punch to mark where the rear two holes should be on the chassis.
3. Removed the bar.
4. Drilled the two holes with a drill bit the same size as the bolt threads.
5. Mounted the front section (front control arm bolts) of the bar again,
this time with the rear arms on top of the chassis where the holes were.
(you'll know what I mean by this when you get the bar under there)
6. Mounted the rear section of the bar with
bolt/washer/(bar/body)/washer/split washer/locknut.

This worked for me on my two Mk1's and has lasted for years and never came
loose.
Good luck.

Randy
(3) 81 Scirocco S's "The Triplets"
87 Scirocco 16V "The black sheep"

Sal Guzzo wrote:
Thanks guys for the input so far. Now that I've determined that I got the
correct part, are there any extra drilling for the sway bar. There are four
points on it and yes, it's going in my Mk1 Rocco. Where do the other two
holes get bolted? I know that two of them get bolted to the control arms
bolts and the other two? Thanks once again.